Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm back.....

Yay. My computer is back and healthy. Had to wait for DH to have a day off (Sun) to return all the settings so I could recognise everything (I'm not that techno savvy) and now I'm underway again. Asked the geeks to save our internet stuff but they haven't so I've lost all my favourites. A good excuse to spend hours trawling the net again I guess. If you visit me please leave a comment so I can visit you back and put you on my fav's. I don't have links on my blog yet...hope to get there one day.

My most exciting thing I achieved last week was a system for cleaning my house. Now, normally, I would be being sarcastic, but this time I MEAN IT. I have set up a system to keep my house vaguely clean all the time. You probably don't realise, but after 20 years of living in this house this is a major breakthrough!!!!! My house is HUGE...(was 8 bedrooms, currently being renovated to 6) plus 2x lounges, bathrooms & toilets, office etc, etc. I have gone thru many stages including not cleaning it (yes, it's true), trying rosters, cleaning person, 1 day a week etc, etc. This is the 1st system that has me excited and I've kept it up for 1 week. Early days yet I know but....
To bore you....it's based on a flylady type system of 15 - 30 mins a day. I've made little cards for each day over 4 weeks. Some jobs get done weekly, fortnightly etc, etc. Also the flylady swishe & swipe, hot spot, shiny sink etc is done daily too. I'm really trying to convince myself I can manage this when I go back to work. Currently I believe myself. Will let you know how I get on. Love using the little cards tho and they were fun to make.

Don't know why but blogger isn't letting me upload pics....maybe later (they will be of my cards, not of my clean house LOL)

Have done some scrapping, will post later, and am starting on my dessert pages for the KS dessert swap. Elliot was thrilled coz I made his favourite desert - a Chocolate and Coffee Ice Cream Gateau - sounds flash but it's easy-peasy.
Had a lovely bbq dinner by candlelight with the boys for fathers day last night. Can't wait for daylight saving now.

Ciao for now
Sandra

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeee back Sandra. Good to see you back here. whoo hoo on making a systeam that works for you with cleaning. Wow that is one huge house!!! Hey that recipe sounds great,do you mind hsaring it??

Lynda said...

Good to see you back again Sandra. Go you on your cleaning system. I think I desperately need one of those. Seems like the more time I have at home the less cleaning gets done.

Anonymous said...

Yay, welcome back Sandra, I have missed reading your blog....Let me know how the cleaning system goes as I really, really need one for here and our house isn't as big as yours and i still struggle...

Roo said...

Yay you're back! The house cleaning sounds like fun (did I say that? lol)

Lara said...

you gotta love fly lady - I set up a 'control journal' a couple of years ago. Have been backsliding though! Love her - you can do anything for 10 minutes except whine!
welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Love the flylady system (though not currently in flylady mode ... oh dear)
Congrats on making it pretty so it works for you!