Saturday, September 30, 2006

And so life goes on...

Firstly a big Thank You to all of you who posted your kind thoughts on my blog after my last post. And to Dianna and Yolande for the texts, Delys and Andrea for the beautiful cards. It's been a pretty big week and a half and I don't really know where to start.
Dad's funeral (last Sat) went well with over 100 pple there. I managed to speak at it (bl***y well too I must say) and I think, although as a quiet, private man he would have been horrified that we spent time talking about him, it was an honouring occasion. I met some Aunties and Uncles whom I had either never met before or only met as a child. I have not really yet begun to process what his passing will mean for me and how I will miss him.
Mum is doing pretty well considering. She wants to be on her own in her home and has been ok there by herself for the last 3 nights. She is taking things slowly and as she lives locally I am able to phone and visit her frequently. I keep telling her she is now "world famous in Taihape"
My boys are doing OK, although I am very aware that this is big for each of them for various reasons. Toby is in Ashburton this weekend for the rowing Provincial Nationals at Lake Hood so I am sending him 'fast boat' thoughts for his races.
I have discovered through all this that I am related by marriage to Karen (Girlfriday) - waves to newly discovered scrapping cousin - I had a job interview last week and, although not final yet so I can't say too much, it looks like I will be back working fulltime very soon. My cleaning system has not got a lot of attention but I have been continuing to do most of it in all the trauma.
I haven't done much scrapping but I did order some goodies through SO so I need to get back into it.
Unfortunately, after all that ramble, things haven't settled down for us tho. Yesterday we had some calls to say DH's elderly mother has had a fall and broken her pelvis. She will be having surgery this weekend. She lives in Chch. We are praying hard for her.

I am wondering how much can a girl take!!!!

Sandra

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra

Well done at speaking at your dads funeral. Speaking at a funeral is never easy at the best of times let alone when it's your own parent. The whole six degrees of separation is quite freaky when you think of you and karen being related by marriage.Sorry to hear about your MIL. Sandra I am thinking about you. How exciting about the job opportunity.

Unknown said...

Glad you are back Sandra. Must have been a tough week for you.
Hope Toby does well this weekend. Maybe we can catch up soon thinking of coming up your way next week.
Still praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

Sandra, you did so well in being able to speak at your Dad's funeral, i don't know how I would cope. It doesn't rain but it pours sometimes with things like this in a family...good luck with the job and hope tht Top goes well.

Donna said...

Glad to hear you are coping ok, am hoping your MIl will be ok! You must have something good due to happen for you.

Anonymous said...

so much happening ... what a way to find out we're related!! nice to have scrapping in common :-)
good luck with the job interview.