Saturday, July 29, 2006

Feeling sad...

This morning I waken to a silent empty house. DH went to work at 6am, and my 2 DS's are staying with friends (as teen boys often do) I am reminded that not very long ago....feels like yesterday....my very large house was a busy bustling home with 4 young boys and lots of noise and action. Today there is just silence. I always miss Olly, but at times like these I am acutely aware of his absence and the fact that our lives have changed forever. I wish for a while, I could have all those little boys back. Maybe today I will do some Olly scrapping. It's funny how these things come up for me. I've just looked at the date and on Tuesday it will be 2 and a half years exactly since he died. Self care days are in order I think.
Tears
Sandra

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs Sandra. I agree self care is in order for the next few weeks. I really don't know what to say. But I have this need to give you a physical hug. I will be thinking of you over the next week. Be gentle on yourself.

Roo said...

Sending you cyber hugs and lots of love.
Take care
Oh and I love your seventeen lo down at the bottom - your son looks so cool (I have a thing for dreads lol)

Anonymous said...

Just like Ruth, sending you cyber hugs and lots of warm thoughts and love...I will be thinking of you and have self care time over the next little while - Debs

Anonymous said...

thinking of you Sandra & lots of cyber hugs. Take care.

Lara (scrappy kea)

Anonymous said...

Olly scrapping sounds like a great idea : a good way to take advantage of a quiet day.

Unknown said...

Be kind to yourself Sandra and spend some time scrapbooking your special boy.

Lynda said...

Big Hugs Sandra.

Mel said...

I'm not sure how to word this exactly but reading your post I was thinking how lucky you are that, having lost your baby, you have an outlet (scrapbooking) for remembering him that will keep your memories of him truly alive. Thinking of you.

Sandra said...

Mel, you are so right. I have found scrapbooking to be an awesome way to honour Olly, remember him, share him with others, spend time with him/thinking of him, record his stories etc, etc, etc.

Anonymous said...

Sandra, I hope you get through this quiet time with peace in your heart. After having a few things happen in my life over the last few years I'm constantly amazed at how we are reminded by feeling sad/lost/lonely at certain times of the year that 'something' happened then, its an anniversary or around that time. Best wishes.

Lara said...

more hugs!

I get the 12 x 12 bags with orders from online shops - like SO & KS - my CS & pp's come in them so I've saved them. If you asked with your next order I'm sure that if you asked for a few more they'd be able to sort out some sort of price per bag.