Saturday, November 04, 2006

Another week under my belt...

and I'm exhausted again...but I think I'll get used to it. Enjoying the work so far. And I got paid...Yay. Now to play catch up on the bills and maxxed out visa card.
Tracey, our extra teenager atm, is fitting in fine around here. Not sure if she'll be with us for long but am enjoying having another girl around. Good for my boys too I think. She is certainly no problem behaviourwise but I think she finds our household quite hilarious. We are pretty open about stuff and she often says she can't believe we talk about what we talk about.

Supporting mum the best I can atm too. I think at 6wks, dad's passing is starting to sink in, which is hard. My experience is that shock buffers us for quite sometime and as the reality slowly sinks in that is when the hard yards start. Unfortunately it's also about the time other people tend to leave you alone (thinking you are doing fine) and get on with their own lives. For me this happened about 6 months after Olly died. Just an observation if anyone is interested.

Planning to scrap this weekend. Got heaps of photos at Harvey Norman's last weekend (15c a print) so have sorted them and will choose papers and come up with ideas (hopefully) today. Going to do some more beading this weekend too. My Thursday night scrapping pals were funny on Thursday. I was only allowed to talk beading for a couple of minutes. They are scared I'm going to desert and go 'to another side'..No chance. LOL. They are funny.

Hopefully will post again before the end of the weekend with some layouts.

Caio

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

whooo hooo at week two being under the belt. Interesting observation on grief too and you are so right it's when everyone thinks your doing well and start to leave you alone that you notice it.....Can't wait to see what you whip up scrapping wise....

Anonymous said...

LOL at you *going to the other side* ... what? leave scrapping for something else???? never! LOL
Take care of yourself too. Good observation that there's a stun factor which keeps you *safe* for a period when grieving. Hugs for you and your mum.

Donna said...

LOL at the teenager shocked at what you talk about! We try to be open with our children too & I based on what they ask me now, I'm going to be the shocked one when they are teens I think! But I think that's all good.
Hope your scrapping wknd is going well. That's my plan for today.

Unknown said...

I find that with some of lukes friends they are surprised at what we openly talk about. I think you need to be keep the lines of communication going.
Sorry to hear your Mum is going through so much can't imagine it so praying for you both.

Delys said...

I have noticed that observation too Sandra and thats when the depression can set in too. yay you got paid! Go you on the scrapping front dont forget to keep some photos for scrapcamp. lol at your extra teenagers comments...good on ya.

Anonymous said...

Shall try and remember that observation...

My DH was amazed at the openness of our family when he first met me. I think it's good if everyone in the family feels free to talk about anything.

Ilka said...

Yeap, best thing about work is the pay 0.o
I agree with your observation about the delay factor. Grief has so many stages...
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with scrapwise! Beadwise I'd love to see some work also.