Thursday, June 29, 2006

Progress

Well, this week I had 3 "at home" days planned to get some serious sorting done. So far I have tidied and cleaned (ready for a bit of painting) 1 bedroom. Oldest DS went flatting (again) last week and let's just say his concept of 'leaving a clean room' and mine are VERY DIFFERENT!!
Have tried a new way to revive old silver aluminium joinery - CRC, a cheap scotchbrite pad and lots of elbow grease. Not fun, hard work, but works a treat. Only got all of upstairs to do LOL. that's 4 bedrms, lounge bathroom and toilet. Done 3 rooms so far. Must do some more sorting today. Problem is...where do I put stuff once it's sorted. My DH is a chronic hoarder and we have a huge house.
For those who don't know, Flylady is a website for people who live in CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) Its a way to get your house under control (and get an awful lot of e-mails) Not doing the whole thing this time but toying with the idea of making up my own.
Would much rather be scrapping!!!
Cheers

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandra can I have some of that elbow grease at my house too please.
Bet the house is quiet now with ds moving out.

Mel said...

OK I've figured it out - sort it then give away anything you haven't used for 2 years or that isn't beautiful or useful. No more hoarding (that's my motto with my new kitchen about to happen anyway!)

Anonymous said...

I think Mel's right ... you can't store anything (because it will only collect dust in a new place). You've got to give it away.
It's hard to give away all the precious STUFF though!

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been a busy bee. I have a rule, if you haven;t used it in six months give it away or throw it away. Now I used to be a hoarder lol. So it can be done.