Sunday, October 08, 2006

Need to get moving...

I start fulltime work again (aaaarrgh) on Thursday 19th Oct. That way I have 2 days work then 2 days off to recover. I need to get more stuff sorted and more systems in place. I am confident the cleaning system is now entrenched so that's working. As I am so not a list person, I am going to make myself a bit accountable and list here all the things I WOULD LIKE to have done before going back to work. I don't believe in must's or should's:

Bedroom painted
Upstairs lounge sorted and tidy
window frames finished (remember those...I never finished all 12!!!)
Plenty of baking in the freezer (that's easy...I love baking)
Scraproom not just tidy but sorted down to a minimalist type way (coz I may have to pack it up
to paint it at any stage)
Thank you cards made Mum to send out
Clean out both pantry's (food and crockery)
Sort out freezer (big one)

Right, there it is in black and white. Also would like to have eyebrow's plucked and neat, nails looking gorgeous and no wrinkles (just kidding) Might try and get something done with my hair too. Need new clothes but will have to wait till I have some $$$. Blah, blah, blah...and so it goes.

Had a lovely few hours chatting to Dianna and Arwen yesterday when they called in for lunch. Java(the lovely labrodor) has never had a visitor of the small person type who has played with him so well.
Best go and see if E needs a lift to rowing. I swear my car could get there and back by itself after 3 or 4 years now.

Cheers

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hehe I am soooooo a list person and I hate seeing crosses on my list. A failure complex I reakon. Way to go back to work am holding out till after summer to commit to anything I think :( ouch it hurts my pockets already

Penny said...

Good luck with your list! I have one too of things to get done before the baby comes.

Hope your first days at work go okay. Having some "me" pamper stuff will help you feel more mentally prepared or confident perhaps :)

Donna said...

You are so good making that list. I am too scared to make one coz then I will feel guilty, but then again it will make me feel better to get the things done. Thanks for the inspiration!
Best of luck getting all those things achieved LOL

Anonymous said...

congrats on the job Sandra! enjoy the next couple of weeks: great idea to start midweek and not be shocked by the five-day slog :-)

Mel said...

When you see that list al written down does it make it harder or easier? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Your list looks good Sandra and knowing you have ates to work towards makes ti seem more real. Good planning to have a short wek in your first week too. I agree do some nice pampering for you before the job.