Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Getting to know me....

...finally, as promised. The lovely Penny set me some interview questions a while back. Thank you Penny for your questions, here are my responses:
1. I know you've got a foodie background. Tell us about your favourite food memory.
For about 10 years there we had a catering business. I could tell you about lots of disastrous memories, but picking a favourite was difficult. I'll be broad and say my best memories are of weddings where the bride and groom were willing to be creative and 'push the boat out' with a theme or idea eg: the 'totally dessert by candlelight reception' done with black and gold decor, or the full on afternoon tea where the bride said "I don't give a damn what the food tastes like, as long as it looks fabulous" LOL Anything really that involved a croquembouche, a happy customer and a fat cheque lol.
2. What would you like your kids to learn from you?
Lots of things I guess but some that come to mind include "be who you are" (integrity and congruence), "people are more important than things", how to rejoice with others in their success and that "painful experiences can grow us".
Also (of course) to chew with their mouths closed, not pick their nose on national television and to say YES everytime I ask them to do something LOL!!
3. What would like as a superpower?
To be able to bring back people from the dead....of course!!
4. If somebody made a movie of your life story, who would you pick to play you? Your Hubby?
I would like Bette Midler or Julia Roberts to play me (DH would apparently choose Bette Midler ;-) or Whitney Houston umm...hellloooo!!!) I guess I'd like Kevin Costner to play DH.....he'd be happy with that too apparently!!! When do rehearsals start? (with Kevin I mean he, he) Can you guess how many times we have watched The Bodyguard?? We are sooo sad!!
5. What's the one thing you're proudest of having accomplished in the past five years?
Olly is still a very 'alive' part of our family...OK he is not physically with us, but he is part of our conversations and we have some traditions and rituals that honour him. My grandaughter is being raised with an Uncle Olly (not some distant reference to a brother who died when he was young)
And....DH and I are still together, I haven't turned to drink (much ha, ha), my eldest DS is a wonderful father/partner, next DS is influencing younger teens in a positive way, 3rd DS is a hardworking and focused young man......should I go on???

Here is a picture of our family....thanks Penny for the link. They didn't have enough 'bad hairdos' for the kids for my lot (I has dreadlocks, T has a long mullet and at times E has an afro) Olly has a halo because he is now an angel.
Caio
PS; You may think I have given up scrapbooking. I promise to post some layouts soon

2 comments:

Penny said...

Love your answers Sandra :) I must say I admire the way Olly remains in your family and also the easy way in which one can mention him in conversation when we're with you. Rather than being an "elephant in the room" type situation IYKWIM.
Also had to laugh at the croquembouche comment! What is it about those things?! My sister had one for her wedding and we ended up with so many profiteroles to take home. It looked awesome though.

Shame there were no dreadlock options!

Somehow I didn't think you had given up scrapbooking...

Mel said...

Loved your answers to the interview.

I love how you have described your successes - thy are great acheivements.

And love that you gave Olly a halo - very fitting!