Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Grabbing a few.....

...moments to blog while I'm cooking tea for the crew. Update on whats going on in my life:
- scrapcamp last weekend was a blast. I got my scrapping mojo once I got there and power scrapped through 3 layouts on the 1st night (including the challenge) Classes on Saturday were both brilliant. I was a bit dodgy about the modpodge/serviette thing but it looks so cool and is so easy it will definitely be used again. The Creative Planner we made with SJ was awesome and just what I have been wanting. I looved the colours too.
Retro night was fun with some GORGEOUS outfits.
This is me!!!

It looks quite hideous really but it was such fun to wear. Bring back groovy clothes I say.
I got a few more layouts done Sat and Sun and was sad to have to pack up at the end. I really enjoyed the time at my table with my best scrapping buddies Raewyn and Julie, with Sheryl and her sister Raewyn and neice Tracey, and Stella and Elaine. Chatted with quite a few others round the room too...Donna, Trina (nice to meet you in person), the lovely Aussie Chris Miller, Andrea (from SBO), Ilka, Kelly, Michelle TW, Lynda, Kate and Barb and Kates lovely friend Rachel who gave me a cool little felt needle folder, Denise, Sheryl and Carol from Bookem and all the other Bookem ladies and lots of other people (please don't be offended if I haven't named you). It was a special treat also to see Vicky and the beautiful little Arlo on Sunday and to be allowed a cuddle (he's only 2 weeks old!!)

A HUGE THANK YOU to Yolande and Lianne for organising such an awesome event.

I so love this hobby. Not only do I get to shop for and create lovely stuff but I also have this huge network of wonderful friends and aquaintances from all over NZ who I would otherwise never have met.

Otherwise things are just as normal here. DH has started his new job so is home more. The boys are saying "who is that man who keeps hanging around here now?" LOL
Better go and sort some veges out.

Edited to add: A 'quick plug' for Nic Howard's book "That's Life" released on July 4th. She's our own famous Kiwi scrapper and now she has her own book filled with her own unique (Kiwi) style. Go and buy one....NOW!!!!
Laters

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

am having a giggle at the man who keeps on hanging at your place. Wow weeeee at your groovy outfit, pleased to hear you had a great time.

Lynda said...

Yeah, you look gorgeous in your very funky outfit. Great fun to catch up with you again Sandra, I really enjoyed our little chats.

Anonymous said...

hello there!! love the outfit, make sure you wear it again!! LOL

Chris Millar said...

Hello there Miss crazy Sandra!!! I loved meeting you - what a fab gal you are! You outfit looked totally ace and you are such a pleasure to chat with. Wish we had longer to get to know each other. I'll always know you as the dominatrix now!LOL Glad you liked the mod podge technique too!!!

Penny said...

Totally rad baby!

Anonymous said...

sANDRA i JUST LOVE THAT GROOVY OUTFIT! Oops see got me so excited I capslocked;p Was so good seeing ya again! Will I see you in them dots again though I wonder... 0.o

Mel said...

Great outfit -love the legs! Like you I love the community of friends I have made through scrapbooking. DH used to call them my imaginary friends but as I have met more and more in real life they aren't imaginary any more!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, it was fantastic to meet you too! And I LOVED your outfit! You wore it to perfection!