Saturday, March 31, 2007

EXCITING NEWS RELEASE....

Well...I've been given the go ahead to release this news on my blog.....

I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!!!!

Of course, you all say..."you look far too young and how can this be...." LOL

This lovely couple....




..have been together nearly 2 years and (having worked through all the issues that go with these things) are really excited about this. Abby is currently 12 weeks pregnant and baby is due around Oct 11th. If you don't know, my oldest DS is the the bloke with the 'hair'. Had to laugh. When I told my Mum, her first comment was "Izzy will have to get his hair cut or the baby might get a fright when it is born".
For me, it is nice to have something so exciting to look forward to. It's been a pretty bleak past 3 years.

DH is still in shock but is coming round. I'm in 'extremely excited and how can I be as supportive as possible without being an interfering nana mode'!!

Yay...more things to scrap :-)

Ciao

12 comments:

Penny said...

You look far too young and how can this be?!

Congratulations granny ;-) hope it all goes well. I have to say I got a new appreciation for my mum and MIL after I had children so don't be tooooo hands off.

So I'm curious & nosey now. How come you didn't have contractions? Did you adopt? Have elective caesars? Bud them off like yeast?

Angela said...

Congratulations Sandra, a whole new reason to scrap!

Anonymous said...

"you look far too young and how can this be?" :-)

Congrats to Izzy and Abby and you and your family. How exciting for you all. I can see you beaming from here Sandra.

Anonymous said...

You look far too young and how can this be??
Congrats Sandra. You'll be the best. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratz!!! Your be like a super scrapbooking nanna :)
Michelle TW

PS and your right you do look far to young specially after that spunky hairdo :)

Sharlene Meyer said...

What fantastic news Sandra!! I am so happy for all of your family. I know just how much hope & love a baby will bring to your family - they are very healing additions!

And oh what fun you will have scrapbooking this new little person!

Mel said...

I agree you are way too young to be a grandma but you will be a very cool one! Hope this wee bundle brings yuou years of joy!

Anonymous said...

ok is that Nana, Nan, Granny, Grandma which one of those sounds young.
Congradulations

Yolande said...

Congrats Sandra...wahoo! As if you needed another reason to scrap but I am sure you will enjoy the process and get all those precious moments on film. Make sure you get a pic of that tummy for the album now too! Can't wait to catch up at Freestyle in 10 sleeps!!!

Anonymous said...

Far out - thats pretty exciting news! Congrats to you all ... very cool news!

Gran - you suit Gran! My Mum was a Gran at 42 - it was weird hearing the kids say Gran at such a young age but she has "grown" into the name and it was a good choice.

Ali said...

That is so so so so cool babe - and of course you are far too young but after the year you've had, you certainly ieiaorgdeserve some fab news like this. Congrats xx

Lara said...

LOL Granny! my mum was only 43 when she became a grandma... my aunty only 36.... congrats!