Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A creative time...

..was had by me at CC06. It was neat to meet all those I did meet, and next time I'll take a list and go out hunting for those I didn't meet. A big thanks to the Kiwiscraps team for making the weekend go so smoothly and for all their work behind the scenes. Took the cheap junky camera and not many photos turned out so I'm relying on one or two sending me some..(Ali, Dianna, Karen ???please) I stole this photo off Donna Downey's blog. I'm just to the right of the middle at the back (long hauir, glasses and orange necklace)

I was inspired by Ali Edwards and her "don't worry about it matching" approach to using patterned paper. That definitely suits me......I'm NOT a virgo!! I was enthused by Wendy's doodling class and feel 'empowered' to give it a go more often. It's only paper...right. I didn't like little books before I went and I definitely can see me using them now. All in all, a GOOD TIME. Am going to start saving for the next one...maybe need to save for the next scrapcamp 1st.
Back to the real world of ferrying boys around, making meals and living in a freezing cold house. Toby trialled and was selected to cox the BOP regional boy's and girl's 8's crews for the regionals in Ashburton in late September so it looks like the rowing season might be kicking in early for us this year.
I've had a few probs with blogger lately but will try and post a bit more often. Now off to finish some of those projects.

Cheers
Sandra

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exciting news about Toby!! Nice to have meet you over the weekend Sandra!!! You look great in orange by the way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra ... I have some *blurry* photos LOL

Lynda said...

Hey Sandra awesome to meet you over the weekend, though I would have like to have more of a chance to talk with you.

Ali said...

Hey babe - was very cool to catch up with you at long last and so much fun sitting next to you in that first class with Yolande. Looking forward to catching up again. Will send you some pics xx