Monday, November 12, 2007

Life of a rowing Mum...

Here I am at 10 to 6 on a Monday morning...taken the boys to training and blogging....how sad is that. Usually I'm a slacker and don't do the weekday runs, but today is DH''s day off so it's a bit mean to expect someone to get up a 5.25 on their day off eh!!

We had a regatta at Blue Lake on Sat and DH and I walked around the lake at 9am in the morning. It was lovely.

I've been walking to work 3 or 4 times a week lately (it's about 3.5kms) and DH has been doing lots of fitness stuff on the rowing machine etc. I'm so proud of him. This year he has worked very hard and lost 20kgs. It's doubly hard for him coz he works with food. I'm trying to keep up with him but I don't think I could manage 20 kgs.

We spent 45 mins with the vet last Monday and he showed us all the xrays and explained everything. I used to be a physio so it all made sense to me. Poor Mocha. No wonder he is not a bouncy puppy. He basically has stuffed hips, knees and elbows. His shoulders are ok tho! We tried him on a week of anti inflammatories and he was a lot better and now we are doing no meds...just to see the difference.

It's very sad and he will need to be put down at some stage...when will be up to us I guess. Depends on how much pain we can bear seeing him in and if his hips start to dislocate. Once DS and his lovely little family move out we will send Mocha to stay with them every now and then to get Java used to him not being around so much. It's very sad :-{


It's Toby's last day of school EVER today. Quite a milestone!! He has made this awesome canvas for his English teacher. She will probably cry I think.

Anyway, best get ready for work. I have something big on at work at the moment that is not going well (it's beyond my influence now) so it is pretty stressfull.

Have a good week
Caio

6 comments:

Penny said...

Oh dear - so sad about Mocha. How old is he?

And bummer about the work thing - I do hope it sorts itself out for you.

Impressive canvas!

Jenny said...

If one of my students gave me a beautiful canvas like that I would certainly cry.

Sorry about your Mocha

Lynda said...

Sorry to hear about Mocha Sandra, poor little guy. Love what Toby did with that canvas - better guard your supplies.

Anonymous said...

Well that made me cry poor Mocha that is so not fair what an awful decision to make.
Lukes last day is Thursday and funny tonight he is getting me to help him make the class present to their two form teachers you guessed it two canvas's. Does make you feel funny the last day doesn't it.

Mel said...

So sad about Mocha :-(
Give my congrats to Steve- having been on that journey (still am - 35 kgs lost now and 10 to go)I know how hard it is. Being around food all day must be sooo hard.

And wow - Toby- no more school - isn't it amazing how they grow up.

Donna said...

Oh, so so sad about Mocha! Considering he's the same age as Shelby (if I remember correctly), I really feel for you.
Your son has done an awesome job of the canvas!!