Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hellooooo...I'm still here...

Hi there
Busy life with work and house full of teenagers.
So what's happened for me recently...
- Toby made the North Island Under 18 crew (cox) and rowed all the first week of the holidays at Karapiro...NI beating the SI once again. Great achievement for him and wonderful experience. They got to watch the trials for the NZ Juniors...hard out stuff. Here's a pic of him in action!

And this is what happens to coxswains when they win....




- Full on at work. Still lots to learn and lots of variety. Great bunch of people I work with which is good!

- Last weekend I went to CC07. A year ago I was heard to say I didn't really like freestyle and I must admit (although people are surprised) it is waaayy out of my comfort zone. Nevertheless I did 6 classes and really enjoyed it. Had a ball on Sat night staying at the hotel with Lianne and Yolande and scrapping all night with Y, L, Delys, Michelle, Sheryl and Eileen. I'm surprised security didn't come up and ask us to quieten down. It was fun...Thanks guys. The tutors were all very inspiring and I think I could get hooked on felting if I wasn't careful lol.

Came home from work on Friday at lunchtime feeling crook so I had a quiet day yesterday. DH has the day off today so we have things to do. My wonderful oldest DS has been gibstopping a room in our house and now we have to buy paint. DH has 5 days off in a row this week and is going to paint it.

Time for a cuppa tea now methinks and get into the day. Hope you have a good Sunday.

Ciao

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done Toby thats awesome. Like you Sandra I wasn't sure on Freestyl but I loved it too. Don't think I am hhoked on felt though
:-).Hope your feeling better.

Anonymous said...

too cool. loved rowing at school/uni for a few years. lucky my uni crew didn't do the throwing the cox in the water the time I was subbing for the cox! LOL
so much fun at freestyle wasn't it! party in your hotel room !! LOL

Penny said...

all goodhuh? 'cept for the sicky...

Mel said...

Sounds like so much fun - I've got to admit to doing a little felting these days - (and I didn't even go to Freestyle!)