Saturday, April 22, 2006

Back blogging....




Well it has been a long time since I last posted. We have had a wonderful holiday in the beautiful South Island. 1 week of non stop rowing at Twizel - gorgeous weather, stunning sceanery but no medals (2 out of 3 aint bad) and then 3500 kms of road trip around the bottom and west coast of NZ. Great time of year to go too, the Autumn sceanery (sp??) was spectacular. Highlights would have to be Speights and Cadbury factory in Dunedin, revisiting my old uni haunts in Dunedin (I can't believe Potpouri and the Govenors still exist), the Ice bar in Queenstown, Kingston (I want to live there...I just fell in love with the place), bluff oysters and chips in Bluff and revisiting the Antartic centre in Chch again. Teenage boys got a bit sick of lakes, trees and mountains but hey...they'll appreciate it when they really realise they have now seen ALL of NZ!!!! It was great just hanging out together, even if it was only 2 of our boys not all 4 that got to be with us. I took a little Mickey Mouse with us in honour of Olly.
Got back to more difficulties at work and have made a big decision to resign. Have decided my job needs a set of skills and knowledge that I don't currently possess. Haven't got another job to go to yet but have resigned anyway. Not an easy time. Looks like scrapping on a budget again!!!
Today I am attending a funeral of a dear past work colleague. I will need to do some serious 'self care' tomorrow.
Will try and update more often now. Feel like I have been in a bog with all the job stuff and there have been some health issues in there too. Now to find a way out of it all!!

5 comments:

Delys said...

What a great trip and theres not a lot of people who do get to see all of their own country so well done for showing your boys.
Something will come up on the job front Im sure...a job isnt worth much if its stressful all the time. Sorry to hear about your workmate and Look after yourself...sounds like this holiday was well and truly needed huh? Take care.

Michelle said...

Wecome back buddy! Your be pleased to know I kept your blog company while you away and just pop in every other day to check how it was feeling:)

Yolande said...

Welcome back Sandra- can't wait to see all the pics of your holiday... sounds fab! Sorry to hear of the news of your workmate and on the job front. Hope things work out for you soon. Thinking of ya and let me know if there is anything I can do. Take care

Michelle said...

Hey Sandra, thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog its sure makes one feel special when one gets so much attention lol!!!.

Good on you for making your tuff decision about your job...extra stress is sure not worth it, I am sure you will find something job wise very soon.
Looks like you and your family had a ton of fun on your holiday...I would love to go to the Ice Bar, it looks very cold though.

Hugs and take care
M xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra sorry I missed you the other week. Sounds like you had an action packed holiday.
Good to see you have made a decision about your job. And as Tash says more time for scrapping.
BTW my ph no has changed from ph book. Once I find your email address I will send it to you.