Tuesday, September 05, 2006

How 'mothers of only boys' get 'daughters'

Have just been out for coffee and a wander around some arty shops with Abby, my son's girlfriend. Feels really cool to be able to do this....kind of grown up. The lady in the shop asked if we were mother and daughter. We both said 'sort of'. We get on well. Isn't she beautiful!



Cleaning system still working, lol. When it's been tried and tested for a couple of weeks I'll let you know how it works and how I devised it. It's not rocket science, abit like how I helped my son with his study timetable really - only I do the cleaning, he doesn't do his study!!
18yr old DS is finishing the gibstopping in the bedroom tonight so I should be getting my painting gears on for Thursday and achieving useful things with a roller.

Ciao

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your cleaning system update. Wow your sons girlfriend is gorgeous. How neat to be able to do something together like that.

Michelle said...

way to enjoy the day bud. I'm thinking my DH will have problems with his daughter first boyfriend. Anyone seen Bad Boys 2... think man love as a threat :)

Donna said...

She is gorgeous and lucky you getting some girl company to shop!

Mel said...

My Mum had all girls and loved it when we got boyfriends/married and she gained 'sons'.

Good on you with Fly Lady - I still usesome flylady tips (like our toiletries are all baskets under in the bathroom vanity so I can easily wipe the vanity every day). Just off to 'shine my sink'!

Mel said...

Gosh, my last post sounds illiterate - sometimes I just don't make sense! LOL

Rach H said...

awesome girlie time.......me loves girlie time!! but I'm sure you appreciate this more with all those males around your place!!
Way to go with the cleaning system.....+ OMG your house sounds HUGE!!!.........I would be hopless with a house that size. :)