Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Rocking along


Another quick update...(thanks for the hurry along Lynda LOL). Went out to dinner for Izzy's 18th on Sunday. Food was cr**p but we got all the meals free as a gift for lending the restaurant our commercial mixer. Wouldn't have wanted to have paid for them. Had a really lovely evening with the boys, 2 girlfriends (Izzy's and Toby's), and my parents tho. We rarely get out together like this cos it's expensive so it was special. Made Izzy a birthday cake, like I used to when they were younger...it's a rotornut, if you don't know...boy stuff. I was relly chuffed that we came up with a really cool present for him and I think he's really happy with it. We are paying for him to do the training and sit his class 2 truck licence. It's something he can always have and may come in useful one day (and it doesn't make a lot of noise and his flatmates can't steal it LOL)
Tidied the study yesterday and did the last in my series of 4 scrapclasses for my friend. She's hooked and she's hooked someone else too...who has done a lot of CM but wants to branch out. Have a scrapcanvas group on Sun afternoon and that's the last of my attempts to save some $$ for CC06. Stripping wallpaper again today. Lovely to recieve a parcel of flowers in the post today. Thanks Kris, they're cool. Job interview (at 8.30am in the morning...what kind of a time is that!!!) tomorrow. Maybe swappins Wed afternoon and on Thurs I'm off to DH's work to make sushi for 200...should be fun. Will start my diet friday...I loooovvve sushi.
Back to stripping...yay, yay.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my post about my son. I appreciate your comments.
Also I still have some more Lace to give away (see previous post) Just give me a contact in your comment and I'll get in touch with you for an addy.

Ciao
Sandra

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandra that sushi is all good even if you are on a diet. When I used to teach ESOL the kids always bought me sushi I love it.
Go you on the classes glad you have some money for CC.
The cake looked good.

Anonymous said...

Wow weeee on the cake. I love your birthday pressie sounds fab. Go you on the classes and getting ya friends hooked.

Anonymous said...

Sandra, thanks for introducing me to something that is so hookable! I loved your style of teaching......lol when can we do it again! ;)

Anonymous said...

The cake looks great....and the pressie sounds fab...thank you for the lace that I got in the mail it is awesome...Thks Debs

Lynda said...

That cake is wonderful, and what a great idea for a present. I would be interested to know what sort of classes you did for your friend. I never know where to start when people ask me to teach them how to scrapbook.

Anonymous said...

Good on you for running scrapbook classes! and getting another friend *addicted* LOL

Mel said...

I love that cake and I think it's so cool that you made it for him even though he's a 'bog boy'! I must remember to keep doing that when my kids get bigger. Actually come to thinkof it my Mum still makes my sisters and me birthday cakes even though we're "growed-ups"!

Mel said...

PS I'd love some lace (to give my Mum who's a scrapper). I have a pile of hinges I'll send you in return (sounds weird but they are great for attaching two canvases together so they stand up - perfect additions to your canvas class!) My email thorns@xtra.co.nz

Lara said...

Good on you for all that teaching! About to do something similar where I live!