Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Challenging myself



Here is the layout I did of the SO challenge on Fri night. It had to be a winter theme, using pp that they sell. Doesn't BG Blitzen look so good with winter photos (I guess it's supposed to seeing as it's a northern hemisphere Christmas paper) Anyway, I've said before, each layout I do at the moment, I'm challenging myself to try something new. This time it was beading. Doesn't it look great. Even the boy's think it looks cool. pretty time consuming but I enjoyed it. Hey the alternative was cleaning those window frames!

On the window frames, I've now done 6 out of 12. Getting there. Had a successful first day of the hols yesterday. 2 x DS's at home (13 and 16). Every hols I usually give them a (small) list of jobs to get done...and every hols it gets done (badly) in a rush, on the Sunday before school goes back. So, I tried a new tack. Told them last week, 1st Monday was "work for Mum day" and then they had the hols to themselves. Made them hotcakes, n buns n endless cups of tea and coffee all day and they got some jobs done. Now we don't have to worry too much for the rest of the hols. Except 16yr olds room.....which is a total bombsite......never mind

Had great fun last night teaching my friend to scrap. Another one in the ranks I'd say. Thanks Raewyn if you read this. Can't wait to next week.

Cheers

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sandra ... I see your beading won the prize!
Yeh, I know it wasn't actually the beading ... but you won and you deserved it!!

Yolande said...

Yeah well done on the win! Doing the happy dance with you... seems the scrapping bug is defiantely at your house. Awesome stuff.

Anonymous said...

Well done my friend for winning and I LOVED it on Monday night! :)

Unknown said...

Congradulations Sandra can just see you dancing you are very motivated at the moment thats great.