Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Office or beach?? No choice

I've just come back from 3 glorious days at Ohope Beach at our caravan with DH and DS and 1 of his mates. Oh you lucky girls who live there. Now I have to sit in a stuffy office and try and write reports and letters and sort out staffing issues. It's not fair. I so enjoy going down there, it's like a recharge place for me. The sound of the sea, walking on the beach. I even donned my togs and got in the waves this weekend which is very brave for me. Elliot was really into the surf this weekend and we seemed to spend a lot of time just standing there keeping an eye on him. I need to get down there more often but with rowing and DH's work we don't get down as nearly as we would like. In the winter I try and go every 2nd weekend, and now I can fit all my scrapping stuff in my tote, I can take it down with me. Roll on the end of the rowing season I say (it's only half way through!!!) Have managed to find a lift for the boys to Karapiro for Saturday so I can go to the crop with Yolande tho. Then I'll do the duty on Sunday. I'm really happy about that.
Elliot has his 1st day at college tomorrow and Toby is back on Thursday. Then things might get back a bit to normal....normal being me not coming home from work to 6-12 teenagers who have eaten me out of pies and 2 minute noodles. Love them to bits tho and they actually talk to me so that's a bonus.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sandra you should visit when you are down our way love to see you.
Gotta admit it will be nice not too have heaps of teenage boys in the house once they are back too school. They all look too old for there ages and thats a worry.
Let us know when you are down next we can go for coffee there are cafes galore down here.

Yolande said...

Me neither Andrea - 2 weeks was not fun!
Was nice to see ya today Sandra and I really appreciated you sharing with us today. {hugs} I look forward to getting those book titles - you've insired me to do some reading for me! You are an amasing person Sandra and I'm so glad to know you and know of our stories. I hope dinner tomorrow night goes well - I'll be thinking of you. Take care dude and see you again soon.