Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday sunday....da da, da da da da...

Does anyone know the song that's in my head? Maybe it goes Monday, Monday...I don't know. Anyway, I've woken up this morning to rain, and I didn't do any washing yesterday and it was fine!! I hate it when that happens. DH has today and tomorrow off and I was going to suggest a day out but seeing as it is raining we might just do some more painting (nearly finished the scrap room) and hang at home. E has had 2 friends to stay all weekend so far and T has to do more work on sorting his room out. Tr is working all day. Life with teens. I and A get a whole houseload of stuff today for when they move into a flat and I have NO IDEA where we are going to put it all in the meantime. Lucky we have a big house but still. It's great for them (well, sort of, Ab's mum is moving to Perth :-( ) coz it means when they have a flat they have lots of stuff incl washing machine and dryer, lounge and dining room suite and other bits and pieces. Might be a bit squashed here in the meantime lol.

Yesterday I decorated my SCRAP letters to go on my noticeboard in the 'newly decorated' room and started altering some tins for pens etc. The main colour I'm using is burnt orange cos the room has an orange feature wall (the teens tell me feature walls are soooo last year!!!) Hopefully will have some pics soon when I've moved in and got it looking all spic and span....yeah right. Those who know me well will know I don't do spic and span!!!

Big news for us is that DH has resigned from his job and finishes the end of June. He is tired of working 70 or 80 hour weeks (not paid overtime I might add) and has got a job here in Tauranga as a manager at a local pub. Ironic really for those who know where he is working at the moment lol. He loves the work he is doing but just can't sustain those hours long term. OMGosh. That means he will be home more. Hope he enjoys scrapping!!!

Off for another cuppatea and better let the chocolate log (ooops dog) that's scratching at the door in.

Ciao

(Oh and Penny...in answer to your question from a few posts ago....I had 1 emergency and 3 elective caesarians. My anatomy means I only have between a 5 - 15% chance of being able to birth a baby naturally and we were never willing to take that risk. We thank God for modern technology or neither myself nor any of my children would have made it. )

6 comments:

Penny said...

Wowser - you have a houseful of stuff and people!

The job changes soulds like a GOOD idea - those hours are just crazy. The pub things sounds a lot more laid back.

Oh & thanks for the info - I was curious ;-) I have a friend who has to have ceasars because of the way she is made too. I am interested in these things so please excuse what probably seems like nosiness!

Mel said...

That job change sounds wonderful - just what you all need! Youfr house sounds crazy. We had 3 extra here this weekend - 2 preteens - we are wondering what those teen years will hold for us.

Mel said...

PSn IN answer to your query, Sandra - yes I was brought up in the Hutt Valley - I went to Sacred Heart College in Lower Hutt(78-82) which is scary as Cait is starting there next year!

Anonymous said...

oh wow Sandra I like the sound of your feature wall even if the kids thing it so yesterday. You know what well done on hubby for making that decision, I say whoo hoo go for balance. Balance is all good.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Sounds like life is very full at the moment. Congrats about the forthcoming grandparenthood - very, very exciting. And hubby being home more and, I imagine, less stressed sounds wonderful. Great to hear things are going wonderfully. xoxo Delia

Lara said...

sounds like a great job change! my dh did that 2.5 years ago - no looking back! I'm fascinated though - where is he currently working???