Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tomorrow is D-Day...

Although what D might stand for I have no idea. Maybe it's Dumb idea day (as in...what a dumb idea to go back to work fulltime) or maybe it's Dollar day as I finally might have a few spare (in a few months once I eventually get paid and we've caught up on all the bills lol) Whatever it means, I am back at work fulltime from tomorrow.

Anyway, because you all asked here is the hair (just bright red streaks and a trim and layer) The base colour needs the roots doing now. I'm completely grey under all the colour I think!! And I need about 15 conditioning treatments.....all in good time!!



Please note the fab jewellry...I made it in my 1st creative beads class at night school last night. No, I'm not going to another side and deserting scrapping, but E won a nightclass at school so I decided to do beading for fun.

Thank you for all the comments about E's rowing. Unfortunately the kids all row for Tga rowing club for the 1st part of their season anyway (through the schools) but the good news is it looks like they have scraped up a 4 so they will have a crew. E came up with an awesome plan for himself if it didn't happen so that is plan B now I guess.
Penny thanks for the iron comments. They reminded me that it is a problem for me too and I need to keep an eye on it. Janine, I meant to say a few posts ago that the paper in the penguin layout was Junkitz, Laguna Guy!!!

So this past few days has been huge with more drama. Our oldest son has had $15 000 worth of engines and parts (he's an enthusiast) stolen from our garage (scumbags!!!) and currently we are caregivers (she's got the newly painted bedroom!!) for a lovely 16yr old girl who is having difficulties at home. Life is never dull. I think work should be a breeze after all this. As for the list, I got about half of it done so that's not too bad. The freezer has plenty of baking in, the cards are being made this weekend, painting finished, pantries done. How can scrap supplies be minimalist...what was I thinking.

Haven't done any scrapping but hanging out for Labout Weekend when I plan to do lots.

Ciao for now

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at work tomorrow Sandra, your hair and new jewlery look great.

Unknown said...

Looking fab Sandra. And my question is why do you never see women going from colour to no colour it always seems like its coloured hair or completely grey. Wonder if you need to cut it short or dye it grey to make the change. No stop wondering its scarey.
Luke said that sucks about the car parts being stolen.
And good for you another female in the house hope that goes well.

Anonymous said...

Good luck for a GREAT day in your new job!
Your hair looks great and the jewellary is beautiful. I love bead shops ;) Not that I make or wear jewellary but I like looking at the stuff!
That really stinks about the theft... grrrr!
Oh yeah - iron... don't take it on an empty stomach; gives me a tummy ache. And you need to have vit. C with it to help absorption. Actually my previous midwife always used to recommend Spirulina as an easy way to get iron. You do have to take quite a lot though - 2000mg from memory. Thompson's do a 1000mg version.

Lynda said...

Love the new hairdo, looks great. Good luck for tomorrow and your new job. How neat to have a girl in the house for a while, hope that all goes well.

Anonymous said...

Sandra I love that photo and you look stunning. Well done on creating such a lovely piece of jewellery. Grr at people that steal from others. How nice to have another female in the house. Good luck in your new job.

Janine

Anonymous said...

Have a great *first day* tomorrow. Love the hair AND the new bead jewellery : wear both with pride!!

Mel said...

Must have missed this post - wasnted wanted to say I love the hair and gorgeous necklace. I do a wee bit of beading, too.

Just had to say you are amazing to take in someone else's child. We were talking about this last night and I don't think I am a good enough parent to take on someone else's kid. Maybe when mine are older I may change my mind. You are awesome!