Friday, October 27, 2006

Exhausted....

...is how I'm feeling right now. Sitting in front of the puter with a large espresso, chocolate and chippies (I know...I know...all bad) and feeling totally shattered after my first whole week back at work. And it wasn't even a whole week....only 4 days. Am getting the hang of it, new jobs are exhausting eh Michelle! Working out where to find the stationary and who's nose not to get up. Ha, ha. My job is with the DHB (Disability sector) so there is endless form filling out and beauracratic nonsense. Yay, yay. Can't even have tomorrow off coz I have a cultural training with another organisation I am involved with. Hope I don't fall asleep.

Thanks for those who commented on my blog about their thoughts on scrapkits. I think I might be frivolous and shout myself Lime Tart (just to be different) for 6 months. Anything too girly, that I think I definitely won't use, I will sell or give away (preferred option)

JANINE, your name was pulled out (of a noodle bowl) to recieve a wee rak so I will e-mail you. I have your addy somewhere.

Cheers all and have a good weekend

12 comments:

Sharing a Story said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel said...

Sounds like you deserve the coffee and chocolate and chips. Well done on your first 'week". I used to do a lot of recruitment and I always thought it took about 3 months to feel at home in a new role. You are doing really well. Roll on pay day!

Sandra said...

And Sandra say's....AMEN to that sister LOL

Anonymous said...

am so glad to be away from the DHB scene... but yip me is buggered too... looking forward to SO tonight :)

Donna said...

Hope week 2 goes better. Enjoy your Lime Tart kit. After being involved in designing & working on the kits at SBO, I am now converted to them. Lovely to get a surprise in the mail. The trick is finding the company that is more your style I guess.

Anonymous said...

whooo hoo Sandra on your first week down....I always think the first one is the biggie with brain overload. Hope you enjoyed your foodie reward as it sounds like you deserved it. Thank you for pulling my name out. You have my details. lol Mrs Janine Langdon Lee (i know writing that will ware off soon) lol

Anonymous said...

ah well, be glad you had the opportunity for a short week to wean yourself back into work-mode :-)
enjoy the Lime Tart kit. they have a subscription special at the mo' (October is their anniversary month) I doubt you'll want to give anything away!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first full week at work....Like mel said sounds like you totally deserve all of your vices in coffee, chocolate and chips...

Delys said...

Yep put your feet up and relax today after a hectic week...I reckon a new job is one of the worst for stress!
Enjoy the Lime tart kit. Im sure you can use any girly stuff on Los of you! Ive just resubscribed for Tarisota I want it all. i did look at Lime Tart too but cant afford both!

Anonymous said...

Wow you have your hand full lady! Lovely to catch up on yours news - congrats on your new job and you look stunning too babe. Sending you a big hug from Rainy, Blowy Wellington!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you're feeling tired! I reckon it takes at least 6 months before you feel part of the furniture at a new job. All those little "work culture" things to get used to.

Let us know how you go with the Lime Tart! Love the name of that company. I'm curious too - especially since my style isn't very girly either. (So far anyway; if this baby is a girl that might change).

Ilka said...

Sending you some positive energies Sandra. Work especially when one is not used to it can really take it out of a woman. Sure does that to me.LOL Takes a bit of time to get used to it and it sounds like you coped admirably. Love how you reward yourself for all your efforts. Lime tarts - mmmm sounds fun!