Sunday, January 21, 2007

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

...for all your very kind comments about my hair. Although it seems like a radical change,I used to have my hair like this a number of years ago (well short and red...maybe not quite so bright!!)
The really meaningful part for me is that I haven't cut my hair since Olly died...3 years ago nearly, apart from the odd trim. I felt ready for this haircut.

On another note.....EXCEPTIONALLY EXCITING.....we have made a big decision and we are getting a new puppy. I don't have any photo's so you"ll have to wait till he arrives in 2 weeks. He is a chocolate lab and his name will be Mocha. We will be a 2 lab family and are hoping that the Cleo and Shelby stories might be a bit less cos Java (out 5yr old golden lab) will keep him company. I know, I know....we are dreaming lol. Thanks Andrea for your telephone advice the other day. We've gone for it!!!

I have discovered a new way to make cards which is building up my supplies well and I like what I'm making (I find I often make a card then I don't like it) Every time I create a page, I make a card with the scraps. I have the colours sorted already, designs come quickly and I'm loving them. All still drawing from the inspirational cardmaking we did at scrapcamp in November as well (thanks Nic Howard!!) Might take photos and upload today.

I am on a mission to get my photos under control and in a system. I need something to keep them in. Any good ideas? and if so where did you get it from?

Have a good one.....
caio

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandra that was a big step, but since you were ready for it meakes it even mjore special. Oh I like the sound of your new puppy and I love the name. Can't wait to see photos. I remember going to a cc class that Jennifer McGuire took and she mentioned the sage advice of making cards from scraps of layouts, and after my productive weekend of layouts I have a few cards as well. Can't wait to see yours. The ones you made for the swap were stunning.

Anonymous said...

Layouts can be great inspiration for cards. Glad to hear that it's a method that's working for you :o)
Another card swap perhaps ...???

Angela said...

Hi Sandra.

I see you were after the photo storage folders. I didn't think it was appropriate to comment on the SO website, considering it's competition, but KS has them, you can find them here.

http://www.crafthouse.co.nz/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=395

Angela

Angela said...

Oooops, don't know if you can see the rest of the link, but if you go to the KS site, and click storage and then legacy storage, you'll find them

Anonymous said...

That Andrea look what shes doing to us all. Shall look forward to hearing puppy stories.

Anonymous said...

Mocha now how did I not guess it would be something in that line! Love the name, love the fact that you've got another gun dog!