Sunday, April 30, 2006

I did it!!!!


Well, here it is. It hardly looks like I've spent weeks on it but sometimes that's how it goes eh. There's a few new experiments here for me too so thats a bonus... handstitching, no matting (I have discovered I'm so attached to matting everything) and using flowers.
Would just like to post the following to 'publically' remind myself:

Why I scrap:
Mostly just coz I like it - the colour/design/ittybitty embelishments and shopping parts especially!!
To leave my children a record of their/our/my stories
To create something that is uniquely mine/theirs
To honour them both now and in the future
Cause it's 'healthy' to have a hobby
Coz I've found it very 'therapeutic' since losing Olly (I'd like to research the why's and wherefores of that someday)
Coz it's much more fun than other things I should be doing...like cleaning the house, sorting out stuff, exercising etc. Delys I am so with you on that one!!

Not why I scrap (iykwim):
To keep up with everyone else
To be liked/famous/ admired
To be trendy/fashionable and only use the 'latest' products
To have my pages/projects look like everyone elses
To earn money (or to spend lots of money either-although that sometimes happens)
To finish all my photos..(that is so never going to happen lol)

I's sure I'll come up with heaps more reasons once I've published this but that is a start. Perspective has now returned and I will (hopefully) move on....just doing my thing.
Cheers

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandra you need to see my place. I often have several LOs on the go because I can't quite get them right why bother worrying put it to one side and start another. Sometimes feels like I have a factory line of them to complete but it does happen.
Guessing you have finished work now maybe its partly adjusting to being at home.
LOve your Lo you did the colours the stitching simply gorgeous.

Michelle said...

Way to step outside that comforat zone. Big fan of stitching but a little difficult without a machine LOL

Ali said...

Love that layout - congrats on breaking through your scrappers block. First time I have visited your blog - sounds like it's been a rough couple of years, but you have managed to keep hold of that sense of humour. (I hope you have loads of photos of your son to scrap)?
xx

Delys said...

I will never finish scrapping my photos either as I am too busy taking more ...I cant keep up and dont want to...why worry is my motto. I love your Lo too wtg on the stitching and those cute flowers. Lol @ you matting all of your photos all the time and its great that you are trying something new ...good on ya.