Thursday, January 26, 2006

Getting through a week....


This week is turning into one of those up-and- down- energy weeks. The sort where I seem to have energy for 2 days then 'crash' for a day then an energy day again. This would be alright if I didn't have to work and I could just stay at home on the low-energy days. Why is it all the major work things seem to happen on the low-energy days?? I had minimum energy at work today but came home and completed DH's scrapcanvas for his birthday this weekend (I hope you don't look at this Steve!!!) He got a flash camera for Christmas so this is a 'token'. It's to put on the wall in his flat where he works (complicated) Since losing our son I really struggle with the 'whole-family photo' thing. Photos of us all together just don't look right (because they're not!!)I've put up to date ones of the other 3 boys and an old one of Olly but the gap is going to widen of course as time goes on. Its really wierd (and hard)

On another note, I'm breathing a heavy sigh of relief. No 2 DS got 97 credits for NCEA level 1 (ie: passed, just) so can now move into the 6th form. I'm thrilled for him really coz a few weeks out of the exams he really realised he hadn't worked hard enough and he did try but I was worried he left his run too late. My boys have been through so much the last 2 years and I know they struggle with it all. Yay, one more hurdle over. Now....when does school go back. Then the house might look like I left it in the morning when I get back from work in the afternoon.

Sandra

4 comments:

Yolande said...

Glad your son got his credits Sandra. I was in at school looking at our results today too... was somewhat strange as this is my first year as a fulltime teacher since they introduced it. But on the whole I was pleased.{I think!}

Delys said...

Well done to your son passing NCEA, Sandra. Im looking forward to my kids going back to school too (eating me out of house and home here).

Unknown said...

Yay for your son passing you must be relieved and I'm sure he is too.

yes can't wait for them to go back to school, no one on the computer when I want it.

lianne said...

Hi Sandra. Your canvas looks fantastic. Love all the photos and the colours.
My son passed Level 2, he got 108 credits, but was disappointed because he knows he could have done better and tried harder. I'm really just glad he passed.