Sunday, August 11, 2013

RIP....a sad time....

OK...so I didn't get back here as soon as I had hoped...sadly, my Mum passed away 2 days after my last post.
She had been very unwell for the past few months....a consequence of a fall in early May....but she had been struggling with Parkinson's Disease for the past 6 years. This had impacted her mobility, which was so hard for me to watch as she was such an active lady, and in the past few years her cognitive functioning had deteriorated too. 
I was there when she died....by a bit of a fluke chance...although I kind of like to think she maybe waited for me to arrive before she went, as she went only 5 minutes after me sitting down with her. So the last week and a half has been a blur of phone calls, funeral arrangements, lawyers visits etc....and I had to fit going back to work in there too. 

I will miss her terribly, but it is comforting to know she is no longer in pain or struggling to move.  RIP Mum.

I have been feeling very tired but I'm hoping I am coming right now. For me, this time brings back lots of difficult feelings and memories, of the death of our son (9.5 yrs ago when he was nearly 10 years old) and we have since also lost my day (in 2006) and Steve's Mum (in 2008)..I know...I need to just take it slow and look after myself...easy to say but a bit harder to do!!! 

So today I'm off to a friends to do some scrapbooking....I'm going to try and finish an album I have been doing about the renovations my son and his wife did on their house when they first bought it, about 4 years ago....it's on the market now so it's timely to get it done. I will try and post some pics of my scrapping.... 

 Caio 
 Sandra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked at this post and thought ... Sandra you've lost your Mum - did I acknowledge this? If I didn't Im sorry - if I did I cant remember -we lead busy lives and in recent days ive learnt the "power" of slowing down and actually catching up with lots and lots of just general stuff ... bless your Mum she will be at peace. Big hugs Andrea & the dogs!