...still bedlam and huge mess (can't believe how much mess a gibstopper can make lol)
But we can see progress and the ensuite and downstairs bathroom are almost done.....just the odd cabinet, glass door, painting of window frame and mirror/s and glass splash backs to go. Kitchen and dining room are painted, tiling is done in entranceway, 2 x bathrooms, laundry and other bits but no functioning kitchen yet. Lounge should be ready to paint next week and the oven should be in and benchtops measured and ordered. Here are some pics....not good ones but all I can manage in the mess (my washing machine is currently in my office/scraproom...go figure lol.)
This is a peek at the kitchen...looking into my new huge pantry....shelves arriving next week I hope and I'm only stocking it with yummy goodies lol!!!
And the new wine rack above where the fridge is going...now we can't afford the wine to go in it lol!!
The flash new heated towel rail in the ensuite...
....and a peek at the tiled (double) shower in same ensuite (there is the same set up at the other end....so cool..
And the installed but not yet working gas fire in the lounge.....
Points to note:
- every tradesman thinks that their part is the most important bit (except maybe the builder, he was flexible and cruisy) The Tiler was precious, the gibstopper is very messy and steals my coffee (but he is my son and I love him dearly lol), the plumber and sparky just pop in and out when we call and quietly go about doing their own thing.
- we will probably run out of $$ very soon...aaarrrgghhh!!
- I'm sick of takeaways and BBQ, no room to prepare food and handwashing dishes in the laundry tub.
- Installing the spa pool first was sheer genius and probably one of the few things keeping us sane. Too bad we might run out of dosh before the kitchen is finished ha, ha.
- the lovely labradors are wondering if they will ever be allowed inside again....they have to stay out as they can't read the tilers "Keep Off" signs (remember, the tiler is precious).
- I would probably renovate room by room next time, not all at once
- I have to laugh or I will cry!!
- I'm over choosing taps and light fittings...and I have to choose one more tap this weekend....eeeekkk! Who cares, as long as the water comes out surely!!!
Will post more again.