Monday, March 16, 2009

My poor, neglected blog :-(

I seem to have fallen of the face of the earth when it comes to blogging....I guess sometimes life just goes on. The year is well and truely underway in all areas of my life.
E is back at school doing year 12 but hating every minute of it. He has a work placement one day a week with a Deisel Mechanics which he is loving. He realises the job market is pretty bad at the moment and that he is better off where he is and, to their credit, the school are working with him to make his days as applicable to his future career plans as possible. T has been looking for work in Radio but is being pretty fussy (which I'm not sure is a good thing;-( ) He really hasn't wanted to leave town until after the end of the rowing season which is in a few weeks. He has casual work which brings in a bit of dosh for him and I think his plan is to go to Uni in Semester 2 if no work comes along. Here is a picture of a recent rowing success he had. A boys double that he coaches won GOLD yesterday at the NI Secondary School Champs. No mean feat. I cropped the actual rowers out of the photo (those spandex they wear are pretty scary lol)
I & A are continuing to do a sterling job as parents to my delightful DGD. A has just turned 21 (her party was an education for us!!!!) and she is working now so T is at daycare for some of the week. I still has heaps of work on which is great considering the downturn in the building industry and the number of tradesmen I hear of with no work.
OMG.....Taylor will be 2 in September. How did that happen? She is such a treasure with a real little sense of humour. I love having her to stay sometimes and especially watching her play with Java and Mocha.
Work is full on as usual. I have 8 -10 private clients on top of my fulltime job and am actively working in RJ also so I'm pretty busy (but I do like it that way)

And on the homefront - BIG NEWS. We have a builder starting very soon (like in the next week or so) to do MAJOR renovations to our house. We started them a number of years ago and haven't done any maintenance on it for years so...bring it on. I will try and record some of it here and I am NOT going to let it stress me. What's a bit of dust, going way over budget and having to make endless decisions about colours, carpet, taps ...yada, yada, yada. SCARY that's what.

Now I promise I will drop back in and answer Penny's interview questions real soon. I'll leave you with a photo of one of the lovely Labradors. This is Mocha and he is 2 and a quarter. He is a slimline Lab (lol) as he has bad joints and can't afford to carry any weight

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear your updates. Totally hearing you about keeping that child in year 12 trying to do the same in ours.
Yay for the builders coming in very exciting.
Nearly 2 on my goodness.
Bit of news in my neck of the woods just moved to Ohope, sure that Delys will fill you in on that one.

Sonya said...

Orr poor Mocha, what beautiful big sad eyes he has! Well done to your son for the great effort in the rowing!
Lovely to catch up on all of your news, how exciting having renovations done at last!
Thankyou for the lovely comments you left on my blog Sandra, so kind and thoughtful of you!

Penny said...

wowser! doing the renovations - go you :)

Love the way DGD is sitting.. so cute.

And good on E for sticking at something that clearly is difficult for him. Delayed gratification... it usually pays off in the end.

Anonymous said...

I often wonder how Mocha is getting on! Andrea