Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back into things and days out.

Hi there blogging world. I've been back at work for 2 weeks now so I'm into the swing of it.....and ready for the anniversary weekend and Waitangi day holidays lol. Do you realise we are ripped off this year and next. This year Anzac day falls on a Sunday (so no day off work) and next year Waitangi day AND Anzac day both fall on a weekend day. Short changed by 2 public holidays. I should hope our new National government might do something about that.....yeah right lol.

Anyway...rant over. This month DH and I have been doing some days out on the weekend, as he has had the last 3 weekends as days off (usually he has one weekend day and one weekday...often a Wednesday) We have taken it in turns to decide what we do. The first one was my turn and we went for a walk at Lake Okataina...a truly beautiful spot on a good day...which thankfully it was.We did some exploring in Rotorua with coffee and cake at the Fat Dog...a favourite of ours. Then it was DH's turn and we went for an explore around some of the Waikato, ending up at the Hamilton Gardens...which is one of his favourite (photography) spots but I have never been there. I must say they are awesome and I would go there more if I lived in Hamilton (which I NEVER will..intensely dislike the place....no offence to those who do)

Today we headed over to Blue Lakes rowing regatta to watch a couple of the crews that DS coaches. They did very well in the race we saw (a close 3rd in an 8's race rowing an age group above their level) Then in to Rotorua with other DS to buy him some clothes and a compulsory stop at the Fat Dog again. No wonder I'm not losing any weight lol.

Last night we went to a local show that a friend of ours has written and produced (DH was doing some photos for them) It was a clever musical amalgamation of Aladdin with Robin Hood with all modern songs and a mainly teenage cast. Exceptionally well done and a good laugh.

Oh, and I whipped these up this weekend for a friend of Abby's.
to say I'm really pleased with them...soooo cute.

Caio

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHH they look great you should be pleased!
I go back to work on Wednesday after nearly a month off = boy am i going to do that hard!
Nice photo looks so calm!
Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Sandra...sounds like some great day trips and love the your creations.

Penny said...

We's bin robbed! Next year that is... meh.

Nice holidays ;) I shall remember that Fat Dog cafe recommendation. The Ham gardens are great.

Cool canvases too.

Sonya said...

You have been super busy by the sounds of things, and still managing to fit in some crafty time! Well done!! Love your canvas's.

Sonya said...

Hi Sandra.Just letting you know that I have choosen you for a blog award- check out my blog. Just copy and paste it to your blog, and if you wish pass it on to 5 others.xx

Anonymous said...

Good for yous getting out and about! akajessejames

Anonymous said...

are you going to autumn escape - can I share your room??? angela