Sunday, July 08, 2007

Catching up with old friends....

...is such a good thing to do. Last night I had a friend from my 'uni' days over for dinner. She was my bridesmaid (24 years ago) and we have maybe 'seen' each other 4 or 5 times since then. It was really great to just chat about kids, life and all those other things. Thanks Vanessa for putting 'my house' on your itinerary.

Yesterday we closed a chapter in our lives...we had sold our caravan and it went away yesterday. I was really attached to it, I guess partly because we had had a really cool 3 weeks at Ohope in it not long before Olly died and it had been (at Ohope) a very 'healing' place in the few years following. But it had to go and we have plans to do something different (maybe a motorhome) in the longer term future. Gosh, I wonder how I will feel when we eventually sell our house and move....we have been here 21 years.

Starting to get used to having 'that man' (aka DH) around a bit more. Working only 8-9 hour shifts at a time he feels like he is permanently on holiday at the moment lol.

Thanks for dropping by :-}

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow lots of changes round your neck of the woods. Had a wee giggle about that man that hangs round at your house.

Donna said...

You mean you don't normally dress like that? Referring to your last post. LOL. Very cool. Great to catch up. Can you let me have the name of that book about boys we were disgusing? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hope the next chapter of your lifes will be as treasured as this past one sounded!

Penny said...

Some chapters are harder to sign off than others. I hope that man is enjoying his free time. ;)

Ali said...

Hi babe, haven't been here in a while but loved catching up with your news. Congrats on your anniversary and whilst selling the caravan was probably hard, the memories won't fade I'm sure.

Sending hugs

Delys said...

yep the motorhome sounds fab Sandra!